Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Dear Mr. Jobs

June 29, 2005

Steven Jobs (CEO)
Apple Computer
1 Infinite Loop
Cupertino, CA 95014

Dear Mr. Jobs

re: Steve Jobs Personal Reference

Over the past 20 (yes TWENTY) years of our "partnership" I have personally gained much from our "partnership", as I'm sure you have, and look forward to continuing the journey. The loyalty that each of us has shown is indeed commendable and worthy of recognition.

Recently, I was asked to provide personal references. Many of the people who agreed to participate asked "how do you want me to approach it?". I decided to give them all the same answer "..like you were giving a reference on Steve Jobs". For most of my fellow macheads this answer provided motivation and a familiar point of reference for them to respond from.

As the responses came in it dawned on me that I never actually asked Steve for a reference. After all, I have been working with Steve for over 20 years. Twenty years of loyalty and hard work, what better to refer to when looking over a career.

So Steve, as a fellow 20 year member of the Apple Computer / Next / Pixar / Apple Computer community and "partner" in all your ventures can I count on you for a positive reference?

Robert Zullo

P.S. I promise you can approach it like you were giving a reference to yourself...
;-)

No comments: